WHAT IS LOTUS 1-2-3 | FEATURES AND PURPOSE OF LOTUS 1-2-3 | HISTORY – Although the word Lotus 1-2-3 may seem strange, it is the name of a modern language.
In 1983, Lotus Development Corporation, an American company based in Boston, introduced the new language. Hence its name Lotus!
What do the numbers 1-2-3 inside mean? Such a question would naturally arise. The same answer is that this language has three sections. One is called ‘Electronic Spreadsheet’, the other is called ‘Business Graphics’ and the third is called ‘Base Base Management’!
In fact, these are three separate programs. But they are intertwined in such a way that one should help the other. This was the first time in the history of computer languages.
It is safe to say that Lotus is hopefully an integral part of the three programs. This is the interpretation of the strange name Lotus 1-2-3.
WHAT IS LOTUS 1-2-3 | FEATURES AND PURPOSE OF LOTUS 1-2-3 | HISTORY
A spreadsheet is a big table! There is a table of train or school, college schedules as well! But much bigger than them! This Lotus spreadsheet has 256 columns and 2048 lines.
You don’t usually see such a huge expansion table. This huge table is about 25 foolscap paper wide and about 30 A4 size paper long.
Of course, this table contains five lakh twenty-four thousand elements. They are called ‘cells’. Each component has the facility to store information.
Anything from a simple letter to a mathematical formula can be stored in each cell. A special mark used to indicate a component of a spreadsheet is called a ‘cursor’.
Given the number of lines and columns, the cursor can be moved instantly to any of the 24,000 cells. Don’t hesitate to say how much such a table is used for commercial work!
There is another part of Lotus, drawing of figures! They are specially used for drawing graphs. Drawing a graph of something is a daunting task.
Determining the right scale for the two axes of the graph, multiplying the given number by the proportions of that scale, arranging the points accordingly, and then adding all the points correctly, is all that the graph proves.
Especially college students have to go through this lamp. Lotus has made the task of drawing graphs much easier.
Column writing, in particular, is Lotus’ handiwork. Graphs often have to resort to trade and industry. Price fluctuations are easily noticed.
Of course, this lotus drawing skill is used for this purpose.
Database Management is the third part of Lotus! In the present age, a huge amount of information about everything is getting momentarily.
If it is to be used properly and some conclusions are to be drawn from it, it should be able to be compiled in a variety of ways.
In business, this information changes moment by moment. So if you want to draw instant conclusions, you don’t have to resort to Lotus.
Thus Lotus 1-2-3 is no doubt an excellent quality software designed specifically for trade and industry.
- FIRST GENERATION COMPUTER: ENIAC COMPUTER | EDSAC AND EDVAC COMPUTERS | VON NEUMANN
- HISTORY OF COMPUTING | WHO INVENTED THE MODERN COMPUTER?
- ENIAC COMPUTER – HISTORY, FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, SIZE, COMPARISON
- GENERATIONS OF COMPUTING | WHAT ARE COMPUTER GENERATIONS
- TYPES OF COMPUTER SYSTEM | ANALOG, DIGITAL, HYBRID
- ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER | WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTERS
- WHAT IS DATA? DATA: DEFINITION, EXAMPLE, ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING
- WHAT IS COMPUTER PROGRAM? DEFINITION, EXAMPLE
- OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, NEED, FUNCTIONS, WORKING
- TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN COMPUTER | TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN OPERATING SYSTEM
- TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTERS | HISTORY OF OPERATING SYSTEM
- HISTORY OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM | FEATURES OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A COMMAND LANGUAGE? USE OF COMMANDS IN COMMAND LANGUAGE
- MULTITASKING IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, USE, EXAMPLE
- MICROPROGRAM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, FUNCTION, PROM, AND E-PROM
- WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE
- GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER AND SPECIAL PURPOSE COMPUTER
- WHAT IS HARDWARE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION | EXAMPLE | IMPORTANCE
- WHAT IS AN ALGORITHM | DEFINITION | MEANING | EXAMPLE | RULES OF ALGORITHM
- BASIC PRINCIPLE OF COMPUTER OPERATION | DIAGRAM
- WHAT IS MACHINE LANGUAGE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION
- WHAT IS AN ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE | DEFINITION | DISADVANTAGES
- HUMAN AND COMPUTER COMPARISON
- WHAT IS HIGH-LEVEL LANGUAGE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION | FUNCTION
- WHAT IS A FLOWCHART | HOW TO DRAW FLOWCHART | FLOWCHART SYMBOLS
- SPEED OF COMPUTER | EQUATION | METRICS | COMPUTER WORK IN THE SECOND MEASUREMENT
- WHAT IS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT | DEFINITION OF IC | USE | EXAMPLE
- WHAT IS ASCII | ASCII TABLE | PURPOSE OF ASCII
- BIT AND BYTE DIFFERENCE | SIZE COMPARISON
- WHAT ARE BINARY NUMBERS | EXPLAIN BINARY NUMBER SYSTEM
- HOW TO DECIMAL TO BINARY CONVERSION | DECIMAL NUMBER TO BINARY CONVERSION
- WHAT ARE LOGIC GATES | TYPES OF LOGIC GATES | DEFINITION | FUNCTION
- HOW TO CONVERT NUMBER INTO HEXADECIMAL NUMBER | CONVERT INT INTO HEX
- WHAT ARE COMPUTER MEMORY | TYPES OF COMPUTER MEMORY | RAM AND ROM
- KEY COMPONENTS OF A COMPUTER | MAIN COMPONENTS OF CPU
- WHAT IS ARITHMETIC AND LOGIC UNIT | COMPONENTS AND FUNCTION
- FUNCTION OF CONTROL UNIT OF A COMPUTER SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A MICROPROCESSOR | USE OF MICROPROCESSOR
- MICROCOMPUTER MINICOMPUTER AND MAINFRAME COMPUTER
- WHAT IS INTERFACE IN COMPUTER SYSTEM
- MAIN TYPES OF HIGH-LEVEL LANGUAGES
- GENERATIONS OF LANGUAGES IN COMPUTER SYSTEM
- WHAT IS GIGO (GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT) | EXPLAIN GIGO
- WHAT IS COBOL | EXPLAIN COBOL LANGUAGE | FEATURES OF COBOL
- HOW TO WRITE A PROGRAM | STEPS OF WRITING A COMPUTER PROGRAM
- WHAT IS FORTRAN | FEATURES OF FORTRAN | VERSIONS OF FORTRAN
- WHAT IS BASIC (BEGINNERS ALL-PURPOSE SYMBOLIC INSTRUCTION CODE) | FEATURES OF BASIC LANGUAGE
- INTERNAL WORKING OF COMPUTER
- WHAT IS PASCAL LANGUAGE | FEATURES OF PASCAL | TYPES OF PASCAL
- WHAT IS WORDSTAR IN COMPUTER | WORDSTAR COMPUTER PROGRAM