WHAT IS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT | DEFINITION OF IC | USE | EXAMPLE – Integrated Circuit is a simple adaptation of the English word IC! These are the three major components of any circuit.
Properly connected to a copper wire, these elements form an electric circuit. In this method, even though the size of the components is small, the size of the overall circuit increases, while a computer has thousands of such circles.
Of course, they will also increase the size of the computer.
STRUCTURE AND WORKING
Integrated circuits use a very small thin piece of metal called silicon. Such a piece can stay on the tip of your finger.
A thin layer of insulating material is applied to this piece. And then transistors, resistors, capacitors, etc. are engraved on it.
Not only this, with the help of this you can do it. These components do not need to be connected by wires from the outside.
In this way, electromagnets can be generated in a very small space.
An electric circuit in a small IC can easily have twenty, twenty-five transistors, ten to fifteen resistors, and eight, eight capacitors.
Scientists were not satisfied with the contraction of the electric field.
They have perfected this technique so much so that recent large-scale integrated circuits can have thousands of transistors, as well as hundreds of resistors and capacitors.
Thanks to this modern technology, the best computer can now be placed on a small table in your home.
- FIRST GENERATION COMPUTER : ENIAC COMPUTER | EDSAC AND EDVAC COMPUTERS | VON NEUMANN
- HISTORY OF COMPUTING | WHO INVENTED THE MODERN COMPUTER ?
- ENIAC COMPUTER – HISTORY, FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, SIZE, COMPARISON
- GENERATIONS OF COMPUTING | WHAT ARE COMPUTER GENERATIONS
- TYPES OF COMPUTER SYSTEM | ANALOG, DIGITAL, HYBRID
- ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER | WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTERS
- WHAT IS DATA ? DATA : DEFINITION, EXAMPLE, ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING
- WHAT IS COMPUTER PROGRAM ? DEFINITION, EXAMPLE
- OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, NEED, FUNCTIONS, WORKING
- TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN COMPUTER | TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN OPERATING SYSTEM
- TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTERS | HISTORY OF OPERATING SYSTEM
- HISTORY OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM | FEATURES OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A COMMAND LANGUAGE ? USE OF COMMANDS IN COMMAND LANGUAGE
- MULTITASKING IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, USE, EXAMPLE
- MICROPROGRAM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, FUNCTION, PROM, AND E-PROM
- WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE
- GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER AND SPECIAL PURPOSE COMPUTER
- BASIC PRINCIPLE OF COMPUTER OPERATION | DIAGRAM
- WHAT IS HARDWARE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION | EXAMPLE | IMPORTANCE
- WHAT IS AN ALGORITHM | DEFINITION | MEANING | EXAMPLE | RULES OF ALGORITHM
- SPEED OF COMPUTER | EQUATION | METRICS | COMPUTER WORK IN SECOND MEASUREMENT
- WHAT IS MACHINE LANGUAGE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION
- WHAT IS AN ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE | DEFINITION | DISADVANTAGES
- HUMAN AND COMPUTER COMPARISON
- WHAT IS HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION | FUNCTION
- WHAT IS A FLOWCHART | HOW TO DRAW FLOWCHART | FLOWCHART SYMBOLS