WHAT IS HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION | FUNCTION – Writing a computer program in machine language is a waste of time! Even simple programs can take hours.
Well, finding out if there are any mistakes in it is a big disaster! Even so, the machine language of one computer does not work for another.
High-level languages were created to find a way out of all these calamities. All languages on this computer are similar to English.
So, of course, they are easy to write and understand! Don’t be afraid to say that the computer doesn’t understand any of the languages!
FUNCTION OF HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE
Since the computer only understands machine language, a program written in high-level language has to be translated into machine language first, this work is done by the compiler or interpreter.
Compilers or interpreters are also programs. Their job is just to interpret. If you write a program in any higher language and you don’t have a compiler, all your work will be wasted.
EXAMPLES OF HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE
Dozens of high-level languages have been created recently. The names Basic, Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, etc. are very famous.
No one thinks that it will be possible for a person to learn all the highest levels of computer language.
ADVANTAGES OF HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE
High-level language has many advantages. Even ordinary people who do not have special knowledge of computers can write programs in these languages. These languages work for all, regardless of computer.
For example. Basic is a high-level language that can be used for any computer-like Apple, IBM, Commodore, etc. Like a computer, it has very little difference, but it doesn’t take long to master.
In short, these languages are universal. The keyboard is used to store programs on the computer.
But there are some mistakes in doing that or writing the actual program. But the special thing about high-level language is that.
It makes arrangements to show what mistakes have been made. Therefore, the implementation of the program can be very fast.
Due to these various advantages, computer programs are written in a high-level language. No one usually dares to write a program in a deliberate machine language.
- FIRST GENERATION COMPUTER : ENIAC COMPUTER | EDSAC AND EDVAC COMPUTERS | VON NEUMANN
- HISTORY OF COMPUTING | WHO INVENTED THE MODERN COMPUTER ?
- ENIAC COMPUTER – HISTORY, FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, SIZE, COMPARISON
- GENERATIONS OF COMPUTING | WHAT ARE COMPUTER GENERATIONS
- TYPES OF COMPUTER SYSTEM | ANALOG, DIGITAL, HYBRID
- ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER | WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTERS
- WHAT IS DATA ? DATA : DEFINITION, EXAMPLE, ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING
- WHAT IS COMPUTER PROGRAM ? DEFINITION, EXAMPLE
- OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, NEED, FUNCTIONS, WORKING
- TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN COMPUTER | TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN OPERATING SYSTEM
- TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTERS | HISTORY OF OPERATING SYSTEM
- HISTORY OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM | FEATURES OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A COMMAND LANGUAGE ? USE OF COMMANDS IN COMMAND LANGUAGE
- MULTITASKING IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, USE, EXAMPLE
- MICROPROGRAM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, FUNCTION, PROM, AND E-PROM
- WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE
- GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER AND SPECIAL PURPOSE COMPUTER
- BASIC PRINCIPLE OF COMPUTER OPERATION | DIAGRAM
- HUMAN AND COMPUTER COMPARISON
- WHAT IS HARDWARE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION | EXAMPLE | IMPORTANCE
- WHAT IS AN ALGORITHM | DEFINITION | MEANING | EXAMPLE | RULES OF ALGORITHM
- SPEED OF COMPUTER | EQUATION | METRICS | COMPUTER WORK IN SECOND MEASUREMENT
- WHAT IS MACHINE LANGUAGE IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION
- WHAT IS AN ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE | DEFINITION | DISADVANTAGES