Hey guys, in this post we will understand WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE.
Software is a variety of programs! Just as the thoughts in your mind make your body move or speak, a program allows a computer to do a specific thing in a planned way.
TYPES OF SOFTWARE
There are mainly two types of software. One is called ‘application software’ and the other is called ‘system software’!
Application software is a program that is written for a variety of things such as interest on loans, bank balances, billing, train or plane reservations, diagnostics, sports, and so on.
You just have to be more discriminating with the help you render toward other people. Of course you need a specific program to make that happen from a computer.
EXAMPLE OF APPLICATION SOFTWARE
For example, if you want to diagnose a disease based on the patient’s symptoms, then the program written for it will be useful.
Computers will be able to diagnose diseases using the same program. All types of programs written for that particular work will be known as application software.
There are thousands of different types of application software programs available in the market, moreover, you can write the type of application software you want.
Some programs may already be in the computer’s memory for the application software to run smoothly. Such programs are called system software.
EXAMPLE OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE
An operating system is an important type of system software. It controls all the functions of the computer.
In other words, the link between computer hardware and application software is system software!
We Hope, Now you understand WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE.
- FIRST GENERATION COMPUTER : ENIAC COMPUTER | EDSAC AND EDVAC COMPUTERS | VON NEUMANN
- HISTORY OF COMPUTING | WHO INVENTED THE MODERN COMPUTER ?
- ENIAC COMPUTER – HISTORY, FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, SIZE, COMPARISON
- GENERATIONS OF COMPUTING | WHAT ARE COMPUTER GENERATIONS
- TYPES OF COMPUTER SYSTEM | ANALOG, DIGITAL, HYBRID
- ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER | WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTERS
- WHAT IS DATA ? DATA : DEFINITION, EXAMPLE, ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING
- WHAT IS COMPUTER PROGRAM ? DEFINITION, EXAMPLE
- OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, NEED, FUNCTIONS, WORKING
- TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN COMPUTER | TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN OPERATING SYSTEM
- TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTERS | HISTORY OF OPERATING SYSTEM
- HISTORY OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM | FEATURES OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A COMMAND LANGUAGE ? USE OF COMMANDS IN COMMAND LANGUAGE
- MULTITASKING IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, USE, EXAMPLE
- MICROPROGRAM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, FUNCTION, PROM, AND E-PROM
- WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE
- GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER AND SPECIAL PURPOSE COMPUTER
- BASIC PRINCIPLE OF COMPUTER OPERATION | DIAGRAM
- HUMAN AND COMPUTER COMPARISON