Digital, analog, and hybrid became a form of computer segmentation. Apart from this, they can also be divided into ‘General Purpose’ and ‘Special Purpose’. This division is as the name suggests the general purpose and specific purpose.
GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER
A computer with general-purpose is found in many places in our daily life. This type of computer can be used to write programs in any language.
New programs can be created and old ones can be erased. It has the facility to store many programs at the same time.
General-purpose computers have numerous uses. It handles business information, as well as it can be asked to solve extremely difficult mathematical formulas. It can be used to draw figures and graphs be removed.
Such a computer also has the facility to store a huge amount of data. The limit of the usefulness of the common computer is only the imagination of man.
Example- Personal Computers, Desktops, etc.
SPECIFIC PURPOSE COMPUTER
A computer with a specific purpose cannot be used for anything other than that purpose. Suppose a computer’s job is to solve all the clutter of a rocket and make it fly accurately, it will not be able to handle commercial information.
A computer for a specific purpose has a single program and is usually stored in its memory permanently.
Of course, the working speed of such a computer is extraordinary. Recent advances in microprocessor technology have made it possible to build a computer with the specific purpose that the customer wants.
Specifically, purpose computers are used in a variety of fields, especially for automated start-up or shutdown of many operations in a large factory, for automated production, for the design of complex machinery.
Example- Xbox, PS5, BITCOIN MINERS, ETC.
- FIRST GENERATION COMPUTER : ENIAC COMPUTER | EDSAC AND EDVAC COMPUTERS | VON NEUMANN
- HISTORY OF COMPUTING | WHO INVENTED THE MODERN COMPUTER ?
- ENIAC COMPUTER – HISTORY, FEATURES, SPECIFICATIONS, SIZE, COMPARISON
- GENERATIONS OF COMPUTING | WHAT ARE COMPUTER GENERATIONS
- TYPES OF COMPUTER SYSTEM | ANALOG, DIGITAL, HYBRID
- ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER | WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTERS
- WHAT IS DATA ? DATA : DEFINITION, EXAMPLE, ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING
- WHAT IS COMPUTER PROGRAM ? DEFINITION, EXAMPLE
- OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, NEED, FUNCTIONS, WORKING
- TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN COMPUTER | TYPES OF PROGRAMS IN OPERATING SYSTEM
- TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM IN COMPUTERS | HISTORY OF OPERATING SYSTEM
- HISTORY OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM | FEATURES OF UNIX OPERATING SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A COMMAND LANGUAGE ? USE OF COMMANDS IN COMMAND LANGUAGE
- MULTITASKING IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, USE, EXAMPLE
- MICROPROGRAM IN COMPUTER | DEFINITION, FUNCTION, PROM, AND E-PROM
- WHAT IS A SOFTWARE | MEANING | DEFINITION | TYPES OF SOFTWARE
- GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER AND SPECIAL PURPOSE COMPUTER
- BASIC PRINCIPLE OF COMPUTER OPERATION | DIAGRAM
- HUMAN AND COMPUTER COMPARISON